SAN FRANCISCO – TravelNerd, a division of the personal finance site NerdWallet, launched its Airports mobile app on iPhone and iPad late November of last year to help travelers navigate the airport with ease. Based on more than half a million airport searches conducted by users of the app, TravelNerd finds that the most popular U.S. airports over the 2012 Christmas and 2013 New Year holiday season are:
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL)
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
- O’Hare International Airport (ORD)
- LaGuardia Airport (LGA)
- Dallas / Fort Worth International Airport (DFW)
- Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR)
- Denver International Airport (DEN)
- Miami International Airport (MIA)
“At first glance, it seems that the most popular airports are those located in major metropolitan areas with larger passenger populations. However, the top 10 U.S. airports are also the airports that offer more amenities for travelers and actively invest in improving the quality of their restaurants and shops. Today, the top airports are recognizing the importance of the travel experience and are attempting to redefine the universally dreaded airport experience,” said Alicia Jao, Vice President of Travel Media at TravelNerd.
TravelNerd, a division of NerdWallet, is committed to empowering consumers to make the best decisions about travel planning and booking. From choosing the best airport transportation to finding the cheapest airline fees, TravelNerd focuses on helping travelers save time and money. The TravelNerd online and mobile tools have been featured in The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, The Consumerist, LifeHacker, MarketWatch, CNBC, CNET, and Reuters.
iPhone® and iPad® are registered trademarks of Apple, Inc.